Meme Monday - Superheroes






I liked Iron Man when it came out. I liked Thor, I liked Spiderman......But now there is a pattern. One that I do not like. 50+ superhero movies. Everything from Marvel to DC to Starwars Jedi's and beyond.

They are annoying me. They project manhood, in a way, but what they do is create this unattainable standard for men and boys to follow. Can't fly? Well you might as well give up. Soy boys eat it up, like they do with spectator sports, only worse. I suppose one could pretend he is Kareem Abdoul Jabar, but there is no way we can take a guy in a Superman outfit seriously.

Please, if you have boys you are mentoring, show interest in the old westerns where virtues such as true courage, honesty, and integrity is depicted, not in a spaceman shoot em' up with a talking tree.

Comments

_