99 Rules - Part 36





36. Yes, of course you have to buy her dinner.

I am sort of surprised this came up along with the other rules. Twice did I do the fancy dinner/first date thing. First girl was this girl from a class in college. She used me for my money, then didn't want to do anything after that. The second was a chatroom internet setup. We had fun, but similar results.

Maybe I'm speaking as a poor college student (my dating experience). Buy her dinner, but be cheap. Any woman worth her salt will be courteous, and not want you to spend a lot of money on her. Otherwise, she is self centered and/or has no fiscal sense. Neither is a quality you want long term.

If you buy her dinner one time, have her cook for you the next. If you expect sex in return, then you deemed her to be a whore. If that is how she wants it, she deemed herself as one, and should be treated as such.

As far as dates, they seem to have turned into a cookie cutter fashion, "dinner and a movie" where you spend big money and she does nothing in return. Get away from those, and go for hikes, do stupid activities, service projects, or other things that get away from this wallet sucking routine.

Comments

_