99 Rules for Men - Part 44


44. Never park in front of a bar.

All my drinking stories are more than 20 years old now.....and that may be a shame. But around 1996, I had this '69 Chevy pickup that I loved driving around. I would go to a bar and I had this sleeping bag I kept stashed behind the seat in case I got too drunk. That way, I could just roll out the sleeping bag and crash on the bench seat until morning. I thought it was a pretty good idea. That is until one night, I rolled it out and hung out listening to the radio until I passed out. When I woke up in the morning, my keys were missing. I think some fellow bar goers saw an opportunity to create mischief and stole my keys while I was sleeping. Anyway, I had to hotwire my pickup that morning, which took me awhile to figure out which wire was which. Then, I had to drive to the parts store and get a new ignition switch. Lesson learned.....maybe next time I will lock the door first.

Comments

_