WB Archives 20180423 - The big 300

Don’t Call It A Comeback – The Big 300

As you may have noticed I have been on a bit of a hiatus from posting on the site. Well folks, that is over and WB Fitness will begin to once again put out regular content. For those of you who have been wondering where the hell I’ve been, let me explain.
Last month I moved. Moving and, subsequently, trying to set up a new home is an incredibly time consuming ordeal. Between work and my gym schedule and the move, posting to WB Fitness just became really difficult. Then, two weeks ago, an accident left me with

Still not a valid excuse.
a broken metacarpal bone in my right hand. While this has slowed me down a bit, it certainly hasn’t stopped me and I am still on my daily grind at the gym. However, between the hand and the move, putting out quality content here simply wasn’t an option.
I would like to thank the guys on Team WB Fitness for holding me accountable, encouraging me to keep pushing and, of course, busting my balls and mocking me relentlessly. It really has been a source of help these last few weeks. Also, I would like to thank friend of the site and occasional guest author Lou Skunt whose many decades of experience in bodybuilding and his willingness to share his wisdom has helped me work around the injury rather than just waiting for it to heal. When most people would have said take it easy with the lifting, Lou said “get hooks and keep working your ass off.” Even if nothing else, I have to say that any amount of time, effort or money that was put into this site was paid back tenfold with the support, advice and general friendship you guys have given me during this time. Because of that, I am recommitting myself to getting as much quality content out there as possible.

Good to have a squad.
As for goals. I am happy to say that while I am not exactly on my goal schedule; neither the move nor the injury has pushed me backwards in any way. I have and continue to make consistent progress in muscle growth, symmetry and fat loss. It may not be as fast as it could have been, but going in the right direction despite adversity is the name of the game. The exact number of excuses allowed here at WB Fitness is zero. I have been telling you since January that I will make you into a God or a corpse and I mean the same for myself.

If you guys don’t know Jason and Jessica Huh’s online store you should. They have the best t-shirts i’ve ever seen. https://www.jasonandjessicafitness.com/
Well, now that the personal stuff is out of the way, let’s talk about something that I am really excited about. Just before my injury I smashed an awesome workout in the gym. I am calling it the Big 300 Workout. I know that due to the movie there are a lot of “300 workouts” mainly circuit training stuff which is supposed to get you cut, but this one is more simple. It is 300 reps. Specifically it is 3 lifts, 100 reps each. More specifically it is the 3 major compound lifts. Squat, Deadlift, Benchpress.
The workout is very simple.
Squat 5×20
Deadlift 5×20
Benchpress 5×20

But the simplicity ends there. This is a physical and mental tour de force. This workout will do more than destroy your body, it will fuck up your mind. My current program has me doing this workout now 3 times a week. Unfortunately, for my next 2 weeks I have to work around the Deadlift and the Benchpress until my grip strength returns. I am still getting the muscles but using chains, hooks and all sorts of contraptions to hit them without having to use my right hand. I am hoping that Monday, May 7th I will be able to get back to standard lifts.

You will be doing 300 compound lifts in a series of 15 massive volume sets. This is the face you should be making. If you aren’t you aren’t doing it right.
I will say this, the last time I hit this workout I moved a total of 39,375 pounds and finished the workout in just under 90 minutes. I was totally shot. My body was done. I had to just sit on the ground and let myself recoup for a bit. I did this workout with a partner and was able to go to and through failure which made it extra insane, but no matter how you do it you will be shot. I suggest, right after this workout, you get some sugar and simple carbs in you. I find that 15-20 gummy bears (30g of carbs) is pretty much an ideal thing to take immediately after.
Also, I am a huge proponent of water. Minimum of one gallon a day and two is better. But if you aren’t getting your water this workout will hurt you. Make sure to stay hydrated. Further, expect your CNS to be totally shot. I had problems navigating the stairs and opening my lock on the locker after doing this one.
So keep your form right, leave your ego at home and realize you can’t go heavy with this many reps and let me know below about your experience doing the Big 300.
Thanks again Team and, as always, keep up that grind no matter what.

Comments

_