Rules For Men Part 45



45. Play competitive sports for as long as you can.
This I agree with. I'm not a real fan of watching competitive sports, but doing things like playing football with the the nephews, cousins and brothers on Thanksgiving, or a game of volleyball if girls want to be involved is a good way to build relationships. You stop by someone's house, and say "Hi", and pretty soon people start playing on their phones or whatever if there is no real activity to center yourselves around.

I am getting too old to run very fast anymore and joint issues take the fun out of any impacts, so football is becoming a thing of the past for me. There are other things to do though. I love hiking, swimming and  rock climbing. It is low impact and it does involve others, even if it isn't competitive. Many guys golf or bowl. Take up something that pushes you and you find interest in. Even the old farts will do shuffleboard.


Comments

_