The most bountiful harvests are socialist harvests!
I came across a short video out of North Korea that I found amusing.
I travel to Asia with some regularity. I also read and absorb as much as I can about politics there, especially the closed political systems of China, North Korea, Vietnam, and to a lesser extent, Laos.
For about fifteen years, KCNA - the Korean Central News Agency - was the only available resource on the web that was directed by the North Korean government. It was extremely slow to access, even by 2002 standards. (It remains just as slow to this day.) Then came along Rodong Sinmun, a KWP news outlet, which featured pictures, was a little faster, and all other manner of technological craziness, like pop up windows. Sometimes the published pictures even exceed 640x480 pixels!
The North Koreans have conventionally relied on trusted outsiders to relay their propaganda to the outside world. But they've recently (about two years ago) discovered YouTube, and have filmed a handful of videos showing how life in NK is so wonderful and not so much different than any other country. Of course it's completely scripted and staged. I absolutely love how the restaurant patrons are seated alone with no other customers in sight.
And I hope my observations don't alert the NK authorities about how transparent their attempts are. The sad thing about this is I'm not so sure everyone in the west realizes ... wait, I'm beyond certain that the BLM and Antifa and other assorted Communists buy into this sort of thing wholesale.
North Koreans attempt Italian food:
Really cheesy bonus propaganda, same source:
They've finally discovered YouTube, but just aren't "getting it".

Comments
Post a Comment