Some red pill moments from life Part 1

 


I grew up in a fairly blue pilled household. My parents, politically conservative, talked little about the birds and the bees with me. Naturally, I learned what I could from the media as there were few other sources. I was raised to think girls were naturally more scrupulous then boys, and that it was our lot in life to pay the bills, while women took on the difficult task of raising kids. My dad worked very hard and did his best to keep my mom happy, but she sure was an emotional wreck, fighting with depression, which would only get my dad to put in more effort.

My first memorable red pill came across when I was about 11. My mom and dad got me a 2 year subscription of MAD magazine for my birthday. For the first 6 months, I poured over every page, sopping up every joke I could. But then with time, I noticed that all the jokes were pointed at the political right, and never did it have any balance in it's humor. Towards the end of the 2 years, I really got annoyed at the humor, and only looked at the fold-ins or the Spy-vs.-Spy cartoons. I noticed an imbalance in the media. Soon after, I noticed the Portland News as having this same imbalance.

In time, I became interested in girls. I did my best to treat women well and to do the traditional asking a girl out on dates, treating them nicely, in the hopes of getting someone to return feelings for me. I didn't have very good luck. Meanwhile, other kids in my class who were punks, seemed to do a lot better. These kids who were destined to be losers ended up with the girls. I thought it was just me. 

My early years were fairly slow, I did have a two girlfriends in High School, but definitely not the one night stands and girls following around competing over him, like my buddy Chad had. Granted, he was the most athletic and physically built guy in our school. But girls said they really don't like big muscles, right? 

About two years after high school, I was working for this farmer, changing sprinkler pipe and driving tractor. There was this hot little Asian girl I was crushing over, and I would stop by her house and hang out with her and her older brother. I would go out of my way to show her that I wanted to date her, I kept asking her out, time after time, but she would have one excuse after another. Still, we were good friends. Meanwhile, every now and then, I would hear stories from other guys, how they plowed her out without even having to date them. Soon, I lost interest in her and moved on. I wasted lots of time with her though. 

In high school, a good friend of mine had his parents divorce. He slept on our couch for about 4 months while they were fighting. A few years later, I noticed he really didn't want to be around girls. He wasn't like that in high school. He pretty much told me, that they are not worth it. He would rather do what he wants to instead of worrying about a wife and kids. This was around 1994, before the internet and MGTOW. 

I join the church, and for several years, I have little success with women. I go on a mission, and come back. By this time, I am 26 and have only 2 years of college left. Most guys who come back from a mission at 21 and have little college still struggle with dating. At this time, I am close to getting an Engineering Degree, and I tell you the girls really flocked around, I could have my pick at this point. It is as though they wanted me for my earning potential. I decide to play it safe, and instead of going for the hottest girl I could, I go for the square who really does her best to hold to the morals the church teaches.

There are more moments, but this has ran on long enough. Maybe I will continue Part 2 with things I learned since being married.
 


Comments

_