WB Archives 20180622 Weekend Challenge

 

Open Forum and the WB Weekend Challenge

What’s up team. It’s Friday again and I am hoping you had a very successful week. On this side, I did really well. My lifting was keyed in, my cardio didn’t totally suck and I ate really well. Looking forward to a big ole bowl of carby goodness tonight. Also, after a body composition test, I had some cause to celebrate as my body fat percentage has dropped to 4.2%. I did have a random day of bloat, but it seems to have passed as out of the blue as it came and so we move on.

Enjoy the weekend team!

I do want to remind you guys that if you are working out, especially now as the weather gets warmer, DO NOT FORGET YOUR WATER. I was getting bad with this and had to give myself a good kick in the ass. If you are following the WB program that means 2 gallons per day no exceptions. Get that water down. Think of it as reps.

I have a water cooler at work. One trick I do is to have a 21 ounce water bottle at my desk. I know that if I drink that bottle 6 times I will get one gallon and that just doesn’t seem so hard through the course of a work day. Then, during my workout, I usually will get a half gallon easy as I am sweating hard.

This means that when I get home I just need to bang out 4 pint glasses of water before bed which I can usually do in about 6 sips. Get your water. It is as important as the lifts, as important as the diets and as important as the rest. Just do it. No excuses. If I can lift for a month with a broken hand you fellas can manage to drink water.

As for today’s challenge, I have an interesting one for you. As you guys know, team WB Fitness prioritizes high and

Ok, well sometimes AFTER the workout it is fun to horse around with bigger weight, but only after you get your workout in. This is not exercise, it is just fun.

massive volume with lighter weights rather than trying to ego through some heavy lifts which, in turn, will do nothing for strength of physique. That said….every rule has an exception and this weekend challenge deals with that exception.

The farmers walk is something that ought to be done heavy. You can always drop it if it is too much. The farmers walk is great for grip strength, but also works your shoulders, delts, traps, core and upper back muscles. This weekend challenge is to d a farmers walk at twice body weight. Now, if you weight under 150 pounds you can probably do this in your gym with dumbbells. However, if you are over 150 you will need to use a trap or hex bar. Load up the bar with approximately twice your body weight and walk until absolute failure. Then, if there is any space left, pick it up and keep walking. Do this until you are out of space to walk, turn around and go back. Do the full back and forth lap three times and let us know how it felt. Below is a video on how to do trap / hex bar farmers walks just in case you need a refresher.

Have a great weekend team and grind on!

 

Comments

_