Good Wife's Guide - Part 2

 


2)      Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

Really, I think this is nice. Trying to be attractive for your husband/wife is very important. While I won't put a ribbon in my hair or use makeup to impress my wife, I will try to look good for her. I will wash up when I get home and typically wear decent enough clothes at home, maybe put on a drop of cologne. 

I don't think it is good for couples to get too comfortable with each other. Sure, you can strut around in sweats, and let 'er rip if you have gas, but doing so kills the attraction. Go ahead with your college room mates, but not with your spouse. Your relationship is more valuable than that. Having attraction toward one-another is critical for a good healthy relationship.

Back when I worked at a sawmill, I would come home covered in dried sweat and sawdust. First thing I would do after kissing my wife hello is jump in for a quick shower as she was preparing dinner. This is really no different. If she has been actively playing with the kids, running around, changing diapers, cleaning, etc, a woman should be fairly unkempt by the time he comes home from work. Schedule the daily freshening up routine to just before his arrival home, and you will be most attractive for him.
 
 




2

Comments

_