99 Rules for Men - Part 57 ~ Ransom

 

Eating out alone can be magnificent. Find a place where you can sit at the bar.

I'm sure it can but I don't see how.

I'm a family man.  Each dollar or hour I spend on myself is not spent on the family.  Eating out is expensive and my wife's cooking is excellent anyway so I don't see how I'm missing anything.

If you are a James Bond-type this is probably different.  Being the lone wolf has its moments and a man has the right to revel in them.  Recognizing that you don't need companionship comes with its perks.  Enjoying a meal for its own sake without needing to justify it via social interaction sounds powerful.

As for me, I will sometimes pick up a burger at a drive-thru if on a solo trip.  Anything more sounds like a wasted opportunity to spend time with the family.

Comments

_