50 Red Flags Part 4 - Texting


 4. When they don’t text you back quick, but they are always on their phone.

Admittedly, I know little about social texting etiquette. My experience with text is either short answers to coworkers or messages to my wife. If I text someone, I expect them to text me back at their earliest convivence, which should be soon. Sure, people may be sleeping, out of phone range, or driving, for which I have patience for. If someone habitually is "fashionably" late for texting, I either assume they don't want to respond back, they are a flake, or they are playing games. Same way back when phones were the thing and you leave messages, or you know they are available. Seems manipulative, or they are doing things they shouldn't be doing and are hiding something. 

Comments

_