WB Archives 20181211 - Mi Casa es Mi Casa

 


 

As you know, we here at Team WB Fitness don’t give a fuck about your feelings, and we’d like to keep it that way. That said, one thing I see a lot on the interwebs is people saying that they are too afraid to go to the gym because of judgement. We humans are judgmental creatures, and you can bet your ass that people are judging you in the gym. This is okay though, because judgement makes us want to do better. Furthermore, we need to remember that all those people in that gym are just in the fucking way of your claim to greatness. 

All over the internet you find posts on fitness blogs/forums/boards that people are afraid to go to the gym because of being judged for being there. Hell, Planet Fatness exists BECAUSE of this pussified society and their fears. I can and will say that if you think you can do anything in life without being judged, then you need to reevaluate your shit. We’re judged from the second we enter this world. The key is to truly not give a fuck. Not in the sense of getting a dick tattooed on your face but in the sense of just worrying about yourself. 

How does this equate to the gym? It's because there is something good about being held accountable. WB Fitness and I were just talking about how when its 4am and we’re in season, that text at 4am saying “you up” is our wake up call. Talking about form, lifts, and other things in between sets is fucking amazing. The whole WB Fitness team are my lifting buddies and they are the shit. 

The other people in the gym? Yeah the same people you see every time you’re in there? Go a week or two without showing up and I guarantee they’re judging you. One might say “fuck it, why do I care if this fat fuck or a cardio bunny judge me” and I say “use it as motivation”

Truly Not Giving A Fuck

WB touched on this next part when he wrote his Gorilla Walk article. When you walk in the gym, you’re there to do one thing, and that is build your muscles. I don't care if you want to be there. I don't care if the hottest girl you ever saw is on the good girl, bad girl machine. I don't care if the guy next to you is curling for reps what you cant get one rep of. You are there, focused and ready to fuck things up and all these other people are just in the way of that. 

You truly need to be a pissed off motherfucker when in there. Controlled but if you are smiling at people as you pass them in the gym you’re doing it wrong

I was prompted to write this article when one of my good friend’s told me he didn’t want to go to the gym because he didn't want to “look like a bitch” lifting light weights. I proceeded to show him videos of guys like Kai and Ronnie doing lifts with 15lb weights and said to him “You’re not a bitch for lifting low amounts of weight, you’re a bitch for not trying”.

The other reason was that when I got to the gym yesterday, I was the first person in there, headphones blasting, and I was walking around like I owned the place. An hour later, its packed and I still felt like I was the only one there. 

-J. Nyx

Comments

_