Youtube Repost 20190512 - Beauty

 

One day, about six years ago, I had a crappy day at work. I get home and my wife chopped her hair herself. To say the least, I did not like it. I don't know if I said anything right there, but she could tell by the look on my face that I wished she hadn't. After dinner, we take the kids to this park. We load up in the van and hang out. It was a little chilly out, so she puts on this grey sweatshirt and matching grey sweatpants. Out youngest at the time was a baby, and I didn't feel like doing much, so I volunteer to sit in the van and hold the baby. I am sitting there just watching the scenery, and this young mother comes in with her little kids. This woman is good looking, all preened up and looking to garner attention from someone. Then I look at my wife, wearing these sweats, with her hair chopped. It was kind of frustrating to me at the time.

On the way home, I was kind of irritated, and my wife asks if everything is OK. Much to my regret, I ask her, "Are you trying to make yourself look ugly?"

It is not very often that I see my wife cry, but that car trip home was one of them. As many times as I tried to apologize, it has been tough for her to get over. On a side note, only recently has she cut her hair, it is down to the middle of her back, and she just trims the split ends. That, and she makes more effort to dress attractively. She wears those sweats only when she is gardening. I do tell her some variation that she looks good at least daily, and she does try to stay in shape.  

Comments

_