99 Rules for Men part 69 - Be spontaneous

 


69. Be spontaneous.

Spontaneity is something that most people struggle with. Whether asking your daughter out to ice-cream on a whim, or flipping your wife over during sex to poke her in the butt, we all get some enjoyment out of the new and unusual, even if it wasn't carefully thought out.

We as men are typically planners and want to be logical in our actions. While that may get us ahead in life in some ways, it holds us back on the pleasures in life. One of the trademarks of the "Bad Boy" is to take charge and bring excitement into the lives of those around you. This does not mean to go overboard and do something that will put yourself in jail, exercise common sense, but you can do things that may even be a little painful if it is fun. 

One time, after a snowstorm I was driving my Chevy Luv with some friends up to this area we were going to sled at. The road was fresh packed ice and I was cruising at about 40 mph. As a joke, my brother says "Hey Jim!, I dare you to pull the E Brake!" That is just what I did, and it put the pickup into a spin, and we launched into the borrow pit. We spent probably 2 hours digging snow and running a come-along before we got out. 25 years later, I still look back on that day with fondness, even though my friends were cussing me at the time. 

Sometimes, you just gotta go a little crazy to know you're alive. 



Comments

_