99 Rules for men #74 - Throw Parties

 

74. Throw parties. But have someone else clean up the next day.

I would agree. I loved throwing parties back in the day. The only issue is if you do it too much, you end up being surrounded by users and losers. When I was 21-22 before I was in the church, I would go above and beyond in pitching in for parties. It makes for good memories, and some memories you would like to forget. 

Now that I am 47 with a wife and kids, those days are now gone. We will invite another family or two over for board games and hors d'oeuvres and chat until midnight on New Year's or something similar. Still, it seems like we are the ones who end up cleaning up the mess. It is good to get some socializing in, even if it doesn't involve vomiting into the live fish tank. 



Comments

_