99 Rules for Men Part 76 - Fake it

 

76. Act as though you have been there before.

I must be getting old because it is a rare thing that I end up at someplace that I never have been before, and when I am, either I want to leave, or I am on a vacation with the family so there is no need to act. 

This probably has to do with picking up chicks. If you are the one who knows what is going on, then people are more likely to look up to you, elevating your status. Rather than faking that you have been there before, I think it is much better to actually go and do things that develop real world skills or experiences. Once you gain that skill, people will look up to you. That includes women. 

I am a jack of many trades and experiences. People will look up to me for certain things if they recognize that I have unusual experience in those areas. Just today, I received a phone call from my boss asking if I could survey the ground surrounding a building that is not draining. It has been over a decade since I ran a Total Station, but my skills were in demand right there. It is fun when you know people are trusting in you.

This guy who is telling you to fake it may get some short term attention, but eventually he will be found out and made fun of.  

Comments

_