Blue Pilled About The Red Pill

 

There are some side effects


The Beginning

In the fall of 2015, my wife and I were looking for some online videos on "Table Manners" to watch with our children to help them learn proper etiquette at the table. I come across this website called "artofmanliness" which is a good website with a Boy Scout feel to it for young men which teaches everything from proper table manners, to how to tie a tie, to how to deal with a bear attack. As I peruse this website, I an enamored with their dating advice, style advice, advice on health and a many other subjects. Four months later, in the spring of 2016, just for fun, I google "artofmanliness" to see what others have to say about it. I come across this website called "Returnofkings" which has since been shut down by the creator. (Good little read on that link as to why it closed).

In that website, I learned a great deal from different articles and various commenters about men and women. It was very secular and based. It had a very pessimistic view of women, but there were so many points in there that were unheard of in the mainstream data, and yet verifiable if you dig for the evidence. I learned points like "1/3 of all child paternity tests result in the child not biologically matching with the child's legal father", or "70% of all divorces are initiated by women". For nearly two years, I ate up this stuff. 

Unfortunately, this had some serious side effects in my life. Since I am married to a woman, my reading affected my judgement of her. No longer did I see her as this sweet innocent angel, I saw her in a more cynical light. I wanted to say something, but I knew she would divorce me and take the kids and all my stuff, just like I heard in all these divorce horror stories. I was really putting a strain on our marriage.

Stepping Away (Somewhat)

Then it happened. It was in August of 2017 and I was taking the family to Oregon for a vacation to visit friends and family. I forgot my phone charger at home and we had no connection with the media. In the course of 4-5 days, it changed my countenance and I returned to my old happy-go-lucky attitude that I had previously to all of this. 

It was about this time that the owner of the Returnofkings website made some changes. He was in the process of finding God in his life and he kicked about half of us off of his website. All these users of the website jumped onto a small site created by one of the users. Shortly thereafter, I began to write on there. I wanted to write about strengthening family relationships. But because of time issues, and trying to boost ratings, I chose to write a lot of this "modern woman" characterization. It is very easy to play into stereotypes and make fun of them. In essence, I would set up a straw man, knock it down and then boast on how brave I am. People are quicker to agree with you if there is a scape-goat to bash.

Coming To A Realization

Unfortunately, that is how much of the Red Pill material is. All over the internet, there are extreme anecdotes plastered and portrayed as the norm. I don't know how many Youtube videos that I have seen of these drunk trashy women walking the Las Vegas Strip, being led in interviews then having their comments portrayed as typical. 

In "Red Pill" analogy, red pill means you are learning facts that are somewhat hidden in the mainstream line of thought and using them to see what is reality. We can use those to step away from the mainstream (blue pilled) idea that women are systematically oppressed or being a "nice guy" won't really win the dating game. However, if you just blindly accept all red pilled ideas, you will just be just as bad off. You become in effect "blue pilled about the red pill". While women are not systematically oppressed, they do have certain issues of their own, just like men have certain issues of their own. A full red pill guy will tell you that men are systematically oppressed. While being a "nice guy" doesn't work, it is not because women only like jerks. It doesn't work because women are very good at spotting fakery. 

On that fact, red pill data says 1/3 (32% actually) of children tested are not theirs, they forget to mention that it is a subset, meaning tested when the father already suspects infidelity. When it is a random sample, 3.7% of children are not biologically matched to their "father". Red pill community left out important details to get the narrative pushed that they wanted, just like the mainstream community does the other way.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/the-paternity-myth-the-rarity-of-cuckoldry

Red Pill tells you Dale is 32%, he is actually 3.7% of men.

Conclusion

Trust your gut and think for yourself.

Comments

_